In a week and a half, take in the best that Japan has to offer. From ultra-modern Tokyo, with its futuristic technology and trends, to historical Kyoto, the cultural capital of Japan. Then finally Osaka – Japan’s “fun” city. Throughout your journey, be prepared to have your sense of reality tested. This really is an alien world!
Your Travel Bite “A Glimpse of Japan” (Private Guide Tour) 11 nights / 12 Days includes:
- On arrival in Tokyo you will be greeted at the airport and transport to your hotel by minivan
- 4 nights accommodation in Tokyo in one of our preferred 3 star centrally located hotels
- Japan Subway card preloaded with JPY7000 of subway travel
- Your Private Guided Tokyo City-Subway tour on your 1st day includes: Akihabara, Odaiba Island, Tokyo Digital museum, the 21m Gundam, VenusFort, & Toyota Megaweb
- Private Guided Tokyo Street Food Tour (2 ½ - 3 hours) including tastings and some beverages
- Your Private Guided Tokyo City-Subway tour on your 2nd day includes: Shinjuku Gyoen Garden, Harajuku area & Takeshita dori street, Kawaii Monster Café, Shibuya Crossing, & Honda Plaza
- A free day on your 3rd day in Tokyo – relax/explore/shop – it’s up to you!
- Bullet Train from Tokyo to Kyoto
- 4 nights accommodation in Kyoto in in one of our preferred 3 star centrally located hotels
- Evening 2 hour twilight tour of the Gion area
- Part 1 of your Private Guided Exploring Kyoto tour on your 1st day includes: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, Kiyomizudera Temple, Sannen-zaka and Ninen-zaka streets.
- Part 2 of your Private Guided Exploring Kyoto tour on your 2nd day includes: Kinkaku-ji (Golden Temple), Sagano Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Tenryu-ji Temple gardens, Nijo Castle, & Nishiki Market
- Gion Corner 1 hour evening Geisha Arts show
- Private Guided Train trip to the UNESO city of Nara
- Train from Kyoto to Osaka
- 3 nights accommodation in Osaka in in one of our preferred 3 star centrally located hotels
- Private Guided Osaka Street Food Tour (2 ½ - 3 hours) including tastings and some beverages
- Private Guided Exploring Osaka tour includes: Dotonburi Bridge, Hozenji Yokocho, Osaka's owl café, Kuromon Ichiba food market, Nipponbashi electric town, Sennichimae Doguyasuji Kitchenware street, & Osaka Castle
- A free day on your 2nd day in Osaka – relax/explore/shop – it’s up to you!
The Akihabara area. Here you will Find the craziest gadget stores you'll ever see. The area is also a mecca for “Otaku” which roughly translates to "fanboy" or "fangirl". Look out for crazy costumes, and anime characters.
Odaiba island, where you will be greeted by a 21m “Gundam” (Battle robot) at Diver City.
Ultramodern on Tokyo Bay, the Odaiba district is your go-to place for pleasure cruising, shopping and general seaside fun.
Visit the Tokyo Digital Art Museum that combines science, art, technology, design and images of the natural world with simulations generated by 520 computers and 470 high-tech projectors.
Pass through the Faux Italian shopping mall of VenusFort . You would swear that you have just stepped into a Piazza in Florence.
Toyota Megaweb - a hands-on car showroom-meets-amusement park,
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, one of the most beautiful Japanese gardens in Tokyo.
Tokyo to Kyoto by Bullet Train!
Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine. The magical, seemingly unending path of over 5000 vibrant orange tori gates that wind through the hills.
Kinkaku-ji, (Gold Temple) officially named Rokuon-ji, a Zen Buddhist temple in Kyoto, and one of the most popular buildings in Japan.
Sagano Arashiyama Bamboo Forest. One of the most photographed sights in the city, no picture can capture the feeling of standing in the midst of this sprawling bamboo grove.
Nijo Castle, Kyoto's largest and best preserved castle
The Ancient Capital of Nara with its wooden temples, giant Buddhas and tame deer wandering the streets and parks.
And bustling Osaka with its focus on fun and food.
“Travel Bites” are our suggested short itineraries based on our most successful trips for past passengers. They are designed to give you unique and wonderful travel experiences
at affordable prices, over small windows of time. The pricing mentioned is “indicative only”. It is meant as a guide, and must be repriced and updated depending on your tailor-made itinerary for the dates that you require. Please note that unless mentioned, flights are not included in this package.
Your Japan tour has been tailor-made just for you. The Sightseeing and day activities mentioned is our “suggested” itinerary, but can be altered at your request at any time.
If the pace is too fast or too slow, or you wish to linger longer or depart earlier from an attraction or area, please feel free to mention it to your guides.
This is your holiday, tailor-made for you. With your input, you will get the best out of your Japan holiday!