Be in awe of two of the most famous creations that one man ever built! The Great Wall of China, and the mighty Terracotta army, built by the first Emperor of China – Qin Shi Huang. Two of the great wonders of the world in one trip!
With private transfers, preferred hotels and local guides, we take all the hassle out of this trip allowing you to get the most out of this magnificent destination.
With the help of your own private professional guide, you will tour some of must-visit historical sites and attractions of Beijing including Tian’anmen square, The Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven.
Your tour to the Great Wall starts at your hotel where you will enjoy the sights along the way. From the wall, take in the dense woods and pastures, and walk past the watchtowers where guards once stood on this barrier that defended the Chinese capital and imperial tombs. When you're done hiking in the afternoon, refuel with provided lunch before the drive back to Beijing to end your tour with hotel drop-off in the city centre.
Now that you are orientated, enjoy a free day because tomorrow you take the fast train to Xi'an.
Here you will explore The Walled City of Xi’an Tour,The Bell Tower, Muslim Quarter with Grand Mosque and then cycle the Xi’an City Wall with the help of your own private professional guide.
After completing the circuit of the wall, meet your guide again, and walk to the Muslim quarter, where you will find the best shopping and street food that the city has to offer.
Deep in the Muslim quarter, find the hidden entrance to the Grand Mosque, and disappear into the inner sanctuary and peace of its gardens.
Your tour will finish with either your guide showing you back to your hotel, or leaving you to continue shopping (and eating) in the Muslim quarter.
The next day join in a coach day tour with a local expert guide, take the chance to visit the world-famous Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, discover the underground palace of the First Emperor of Qin kingdom, gain more knowledge about the profound Chinese history and culture of Qin Dynasty.
Then you have a free day to explore on your own before adding to your journey or returning home.
- On arrival in Beijing you will be greeted at the airport and driven to your hotel
- 4 nights accommodation in Beijing in one of our preferred 3 star centrally located hotels
- On your 1st day in Beijing - A city tour to help you get to know your way around, featuring the Forbidden City, Tian’anmen Square, and the Temple of Heaven
- On Your 2nd day in Beijing, A tour to the amazing Mutianyu section of the Great Wall!
- On your 3rd day in Beijing - A free day – relax/eat/explore/shop – it’s up to you!
- Travel between: Beijing and Xi’an by 1st class seat on High speed Train
- On arrival in Xi’an you will be greeted at the station and driven to your hotel
- 4 nights accommodation in Xi’an in one of our preferred 3 star centrally located hotels
- On your 1st day in Xi’an - A city tour to help you get to know your way around, featuring the Bell Tower, Cycling the Walled City, The Muslim quarter
Travel Bites” are our suggested short itineraries based on our most successful trips for past passengers. They are designed to give you unique and wonderful travel experiences
at affordable prices, over small windows of time. The pricing mentioned is “indicative only”. It is meant as a guide, and must be repriced and updated depending on your tailor-made itinerary for the dates that you require. Airfares are additional. Please ask us to give you a price.
International airfares Auckland to Beijing then Xi’an to Auckland are additional and typically range from $700-$1200 each return)